The FOODSAFE training program was developed cooperatively by government, business, health, safety, and education. These partners continue to work together in the delivery and continuous improvement of the program and the curriculum resources.
Ministry of Advanced Education and Labour Market Development - Funded the development of the FOODSAFE curriculum and owns the copyright to all FOODSAFE intellectual property.
Food Protection Services, BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC), an agency of the Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) - Manages the provincial delivery of the FOODSAFE program.
Fraser, Interior, Northern, Vancouver Coastal, and Vancouver Island Health Authorities - The Food Safety Contacts are the regional coordinators of the FOODSAFE program. They comprise the Provincial Food Safety Advisory Council and organize local and regional councils.
WorkSafeBC and the Workers' Compensation Board of BC (WCB) - Funded the FOODSAFE Level 1 revision to integrate worker health and safety.
FOODSAFE Steering Committee
The FOODSAFE Steering Committee is Chaired by a representative of the Food Protection Services, BC Centre for Disease Control and is composed of a representative from each of the following organizations:
- BC Culinary Arts Specialist Association
- BC FOODSAFE Secretariat
- BC Ministry of Advanced Education and Labour Market Development
- BC Restaurant and Foodservices Association
- Canadian Association of Foodservice Professionals
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Canadian Restaurant and Foodservices Association
- go2: The Resource for People in Tourism
- Professional Cook Training Articulation Committee
- Regional Directors of Health Protection Council (including the Fraser, Interior, Northern, Vancouver Coastal, and Vancouver Island Health Authorities)
- Teachers of Home Economics Specialist Association
- WorkSafe BC
BC FOODSAFE Secretariat
The BC FOODSAFE Secretariat manages the FOODSAFE Steering Committee affairs, the development and revision of the FOODSAFE curriculum resources, FOODSAFE promotion, copyright and licensing on behalf of the BC Ministry of Advanced Education and Labour Market Development. The Secretariat is located at the Interurban Campus of Camosun College in Victoria, BC.
FOODSAFE Course Delivery
Face-to-face FOODSAFE courses are delivered by Health Authorities, secondary schools, college and institutes, and community centres by trainers certified by the Health Authority to deliver FOODSAFE courses.
Online FOODSAFE courses are offered exclusively through Open School BC.
The correspondence version of FOODSAFE Level 1 is offered through go2.